KSET strictly adhering to the guidelines stipulated by the UGC-NET Bureau, will be conducting State Eligibility Test once in a year to make rigorous merit based selection for the entry level of teaching profession. Currently KSET is conducting test in 32 subjects at eleven (11) Nodal Centers spread across the Karnataka State.
Notification, Model question papers, Syllabus, information regarding online submission of application, examination details, Instruction to candidates, seating arrangements, key answers and results are all made available through our website: kset.uni-mysore.ac.in.
Candidates who qualify the KSET will be governed by the rules and regulations for recruitment of lectures / Assistant Professors of the concerned University/Colleges/Institutions (Government/Aided/Private) in Karnataka State. The Certificate issued for the KSET eligible candidate from this office will have lifetime validity.
Following are the eligibility conditions for the Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET):
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% of marks (without rounding off) for general category and 50% for Schedule Category (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Persons With Disability (PWD-VH/PH), Category I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB candidates, in master’s degree OR equivalent examination from universities / institutions recognized by UGC New Delhi, in subjects like Science, Humanities (including languages), Social science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic science etc., are eligible to appear for this test.
- Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also appear for this Test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and for those who clear the KSET examination, eligibility certificate will be issued only on production of proof for having passed the Master’s degree or equivalent examination securing at least 55% marks (50% in case of SC, ST, PWD(VH/PH), Category I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB candidates) within two years from the date of KSET examination, failing which they will be treated as disqualified.
- The Ph.D. Degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed on or before 19th September 1991 (irrespective of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% marks for appearing in KSET examination.
- Candidates shall appear for KSET examination in their relevant subject of their post-graduation only, in case the candidate did not find the subject of his post graduation in the list of KSET subjects, the candidate may appear in UGC-NET / UGC-CSIR NET which is held twice a year.
- Candidates other than general category are required to mention their social status (Category I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB, SC, ST, PWD (VH/PH)) in the online application form. Candidates may note that they should satisfy the eligibility conditions with reference to the documents such as PG degree marks cards & certificates, category certificates and certificates related to PWD (VH/PH) enclosed with their application. The category certificates submitted by the candidates must be issued by the competent authority and candidates should note that the category certificates issue date should not be later than 1st September 2017 and earlier than 1st September 2013. In case their ineligibility is detected by the KSET agency at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.
- Candidates should note that their candidature is provisional. The mere fact that an admission card has been issued to a candidate will not imply that the university has finally accepted his/her candidature. Candidates may note that candidature will be deemed final upon verification of eligibility conditions.
Candidates who expected KSET results 2017 Nov on the year 2017 can check it on the below link. On November 30th, 2017 Karnataka State Eligibility test was conducted by university of Mysore. This exam conduced every year to recruit lectures and assistant professors for government, private and government aided colleges of Karnataka. This year unexpectedly lot of candidates more than ten thousand graduates were participated. All candidates are expecting the KSET result 2017 announcement date notification; here you can see the Karnataka SET entrance exam result date 2017. Through this exam only lectures and assistant professors are appointed to colleges of Karnataka. Mysore University has some KSET cutoff mark range for each candidates, because by lowest amount marks only candidates can be attend next round. Here we provide the KSET entrance result 2017 with Cut off marks and percentile.
University of Mysore is authority to conduct this exam for the state of Karnataka, so your KSET result 2017 announcement date also declare by this university. For more information visit official website www.kset.uni-mysore.ac.in